These blocks scatter the UV Radiation by blocking it physically.
- Being visible, it is easy to see where they are applied.
- Excellent coverage against UVA and B rays.
- Rarely cause allergy.
- Most of them are not water soluble.
- Ideal for persons with albinism or vitiligo.
- Can cause acne by clogging pores.
- Physical blockers used to leave a heavy white residue, but with the micronization process, these are now harmless.
Titanium Dioxide is the preferred ingredient to block wavelengths between 290 NM to 700 NM. To block wavelengths between 290 NM to 1800 NM, the ingredients generally used are- Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide (also blocks visible light) and Zinc Oxide.