How & When to apply?
Sunscreens are generally available in forms of cream, gel, lotion, lip balm, oil, spray, and stick.
Children Under 6 Months Of Age:
Use is not recommended
For Adults & Children 6 months Of Age And Older:
- Always check the ingredient list. Make Apply liberally and evenly to exposed areas of skin before sun exposure. Reapply when needed.For lips use lip sunscreen or lip balm.
- Before every exposure to the sun, apply the sunscreen. For maximum sun protection,apply sunscreens uniformly and thickly to all exposed skin surfaces. Sunscreen products containing aminobenzoic acid, lisadimate, padimate O, or roxadimate; should be applied 1 to 2 hours before sun exposure. Other sunscreen products should be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure, unless otherwise directed by the package instructions. Lip sunscreens should be applied 45 to 60 minutes before sun exposure.
- Because most sunscreens are easily removed from the skin, you should reapply these products liberally every 1 to 2 hours for adequate protection. You should reapply sunscreen especially after swimming or heavy perspiration. Lip sunscreens should be reapplied liberally at least once every hour while you are in the sun and also before and after swimming, after eating and drinking, and during other activities that remove it from the lips.
- Take precautions when you are in places of higher elevations (mountains) or on reflective surfaces (concrete, sand, snow, or water), as these may increase the likelihood of sun damage to the skin. Use a sunscreen with ultraviolet A/ultraviolet B
(UVA/UVB) coverage and with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- The lips are often neglected when it comes to sun protection. Many women erroneously believe their lipstick will protect them, but this simply isnīt true. Not only can the sun penetrate many lighter shades, but lipstick typically wears off throughout the day, leaving the lips naked and unprotected.
- If you are wearing makeup, use products incorporated with sunscreens. If you are not wearing makeup but just moisturizer,
then use the screen over the moisturizer, not vice versa.